Here are some more photos from Austin Americana’s latest wedding at Mount Bonnell, which arguably has one of the best views in Austin, including a spectacular view of the Colorado River as it stretches from beyond the 360 Bridge in the direction towards downtown Austin. It’s tough to take a bad photo at such a beautiful, historic place!
I’ve posted some of my favorite wedding photos from the last 12-24 months in a series of blogs, Volumes 1 -3. The work I’m including is a collection of mostly wedding photographs that Austin Americana Photography captured at various weddings in the Austin, Texas area. Some of the Venues include places like Casa Blanca on Brushy Creek, Green Pastures, Canyon of the Eagles, Avery Ranch Resort, Laguna Gloria, Zilker Botanical Garden, as well as a few not-so-familiar other venues. There will be a 2nd volume of wedding photos to follow this one in the next day or so. Enjoy!
Yesterday I photographed a fun wedding at Central Christian Church and Allan House near 12th Street and Guadalupe in Downtown Austin and on the way home it occurred to me that I haven’t been posting enough photographs of the weddings that I shoot. I think many times photographers get caught up in the job that they do, which is to take great photographs of the wedding at hand for their clients and then provide those images in some form directly to the client. Working for my clients is something I’ve been able to do well, but sometimes I forget to let the rest of the world know what I’ve been up to and to share my photographic work with my fellow Austinites.
So, I’m posting some of favorite wedding photos from the last 1-2 years. The work I’m including is a collection of mostly wedding photographs that Austin Americana Photography captured at various weddings in the Austin, Texas area. Some of the Venues include places like Casa Blanca on Brushy Creek, Green Pastures, Canyon of the Eagles, Avery Ranch Resort, Laguna Gloria, Zilker Botanical Garden, as well as a few not-so-familiar other venues. There will be a 2nd volume of wedding photos to follow this one in the next day or so. Enjoy!
15 photographs of 15 places that I’ve photographed weddings in and around Austin, Texas. These are some of the more well known wedding spots in Austin. I frequently get asked by brides where I’ve photographed weddings around Austin. Of course there are many more places that I’ve photographed over the years, but here are some of the more popular and well known locations for weddings in and around Austin, Texas…
1. Star Hill Ranch – Near Hamilton Pool in west Austin, it’s a remake of an old west town, complete with a main street lined with old churches, bars and other antiques – amazing!
2. Driskill Hotel – Austin’s most famous historic hotel, since the 1800s on the famous 6th Street in Downtown Austin.
3. Villa Antonia – Italian villa-style in the Texas Hill Country – a superbly popular wedding venue.
4. Avery Ranch – North Austin hot spot that’s affordable and on a golf course!
5. Austin Woman’s Club (Chateau Bellevue) – Historic event location located in the heart of Austin – filled with antique furniture and design from the early 1900s.
6. Canyon Of The Eagles – Best kept secret in Burnet, Texas, just north of Austin – featuring unrivaled privacy and sweeping lake views of Lake Buchanan.
7. Renaissance Hotel – The most fantastic hotel in the Arboretum in North Austin.
8. Vintage Villas – A beautiful venue in the Hill Country overlooking Lake Travis.
9. Casa Blanca – Southern plantation-style mansion on the banks of the San Gabriel River, just north of Austin.
11. Chapel Dulcinea – Austin’s famous “free” wedding chapel, located in South Austin.
12. Angel Springs – New premier, secluded wedding location in Leander/Cedar Park area.
13. Green Pastures – Austin’s oldest and most famous “world class” restaurant – a classic venue that includes peacocks and acres lush, green vegetation.
14. Kindred Oaks – Another hidden treasure in Williamson County (north of Austin), featuring solace in a rural setting that makes you feel at home.
15. Mercury Hall – South/Central Austin’s original restored early 20th century church, placed among oaks – quiet in an urban area that is close to downtown.