15 photographs of 15 places that I’ve photographed weddings in and around Austin, Texas. These are some of the more well known wedding spots in Austin. I frequently get asked by brides where I’ve photographed weddings around Austin. Of course there are many more places that I’ve photographed over the years, but here are some of the more popular and well known locations for weddings in and around Austin, Texas…
1. Star Hill Ranch – Near Hamilton Pool in west Austin, it’s a remake of an old west town, complete with a main street lined with old churches, bars and other antiques – amazing!
2. Driskill Hotel – Austin’s most famous historic hotel, since the 1800s on the famous 6th Street in Downtown Austin.
3. Villa Antonia – Italian villa-style in the Texas Hill Country – a superbly popular wedding venue.
4. Avery Ranch – North Austin hot spot that’s affordable and on a golf course!
5. Austin Woman’s Club (Chateau Bellevue) – Historic event location located in the heart of Austin – filled with antique furniture and design from the early 1900s.
6. Canyon Of The Eagles – Best kept secret in Burnet, Texas, just north of Austin – featuring unrivaled privacy and sweeping lake views of Lake Buchanan.
7. Renaissance Hotel – The most fantastic hotel in the Arboretum in North Austin.
8. Vintage Villas – A beautiful venue in the Hill Country overlooking Lake Travis.
9. Casa Blanca – Southern plantation-style mansion on the banks of the San Gabriel River, just north of Austin.
11. Chapel Dulcinea – Austin’s famous “free” wedding chapel, located in South Austin.
12. Angel Springs – New premier, secluded wedding location in Leander/Cedar Park area.
13. Green Pastures – Austin’s oldest and most famous “world class” restaurant – a classic venue that includes peacocks and acres lush, green vegetation.
14. Kindred Oaks – Another hidden treasure in Williamson County (north of Austin), featuring solace in a rural setting that makes you feel at home.
15. Mercury Hall – South/Central Austin’s original restored early 20th century church, placed among oaks – quiet in an urban area that is close to downtown.