15 photographs of 15 places that I’ve photographed weddings in and around Austin, Texas. These are some of the more well known wedding spots in Austin. I frequently get asked by brides where I’ve photographed weddings around Austin. Of course there are many more places that I’ve photographed over the years, but here are some of the more popular and well known locations for weddings in and around Austin, Texas…
1. Star Hill Ranch – Near Hamilton Pool in west Austin, it’s a remake of an old west town, complete with a main street lined with old churches, bars and other antiques – amazing!
2. Driskill Hotel – Austin’s most famous historic hotel, since the 1800s on the famous 6th Street in Downtown Austin.
3. Villa Antonia – Italian villa-style in the Texas Hill Country – a superbly popular wedding venue.
4. Avery Ranch – North Austin hot spot that’s affordable and on a golf course!
5. Austin Woman’s Club (Chateau Bellevue) – Historic event location located in the heart of Austin – filled with antique furniture and design from the early 1900s.
6. Canyon Of The Eagles – Best kept secret in Burnet, Texas, just north of Austin – featuring unrivaled privacy and sweeping lake views of Lake Buchanan.
7. Renaissance Hotel – The most fantastic hotel in the Arboretum in North Austin.
8. Vintage Villas – A beautiful venue in the Hill Country overlooking Lake Travis.
9. Casa Blanca – Southern plantation-style mansion on the banks of the San Gabriel River, just north of Austin.
11. Chapel Dulcinea – Austin’s famous “free” wedding chapel, located in South Austin.
12. Angel Springs – New premier, secluded wedding location in Leander/Cedar Park area.
13. Green Pastures – Austin’s oldest and most famous “world class” restaurant – a classic venue that includes peacocks and acres lush, green vegetation.
14. Kindred Oaks – Another hidden treasure in Williamson County (north of Austin), featuring solace in a rural setting that makes you feel at home.
15. Mercury Hall – South/Central Austin’s original restored early 20th century church, placed among oaks – quiet in an urban area that is close to downtown.
Vintage Villas is quickly becoming one of the most popular and premier locations for Austin weddings. Although it’s only been around since 1996, more than 1,000 weddings have occurred at Vintage Villa, at least according the VV website. Set high above Lake Travis on 6 acres of Hill Country land, it boasts a beautiful view of the lake, especially at sunset.
Vintage Villa is considered a full service wedding venue, offering catering, sleeping accommodations and lots more. Weddings occur at VV year round and are booked far in advance.
When I met with the couple who were to marry at Vintage Villas, we realized that I would be available to photograph their engagement session at Lady Bird Lake in Austin, but my wife and I would be gone to Costa Rica for our own wedding/honeymoon when the wedding at VV was to happen. So the newlyweds agreed to allow my fantastic second shooter, Jamie, to photograph their wedding. Like many of the photographers I work with, she is a fantastic photographer and I knew she would do a great job. And how…
The wedding turned out great on a Spring, Texas evening. I hope the couple were as pleased as I was…